December 21, 2017
Homemade eggnog, hints of cinnamon and nutmeg, all tied together with a splash cognac and spiced rum? Say no more, we found our favourite holiday drink.
Find below our spiked eggnog recipe, a holiday favourite perfected and made in house daily. Looking for something different? Try out Hot Buttered Rum recipe.
2 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
2 cinnamons sticks
2 nutmegs freshly grated
1 vanilla bean- split and seeds removed
6 eggs, seperated
150gms granulated sugar
90ml spiced rum
- Combine milk, cream, and spices in a saucepan to a boil. Once boiled removed from heat and allow to steep for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix egg yolk and sugar and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly pour spiced, heated milk into egg yolks while constantly stirring (don’t do this too fast or you will end up with scrambled eggs).
- Continue to slowly add until all is combined, then add cognac and rum. If able- set upon an ice bath to bring temperature down quickly while whisking.
- Store in a food safe container and keep refrigerated.
- Serve cold with a grating of nutmeg on top
To discover all our festive offerings, please click here